Australia is gearing up to introduce the Skills in Demand visa in 2024, signaling a shift in the immigration landscape. This new visa program aims to attract skilled workers through specialized pathways. This development could potentially replace the existing standard 482 visa, presenting exciting opportunities for skilled professionals. If you are planning to move to Australia, then keep on reading as we disclose the top 10 in-demand jobs in Australia.
Top 10 In-Demand Jobs in Australia for 2023-24
These Top 10 jobs are in demand and Australian Companies are hiring in bulk for these roles. If you believe Australia is the place for you, take the help of Globalogy’s Job Support service and move there with your career dream.
- Registered Nurses: Registered Nurses play a critical role in healthcare, providing direct patient care, administering medications, and coordinating treatment plans. Their expertise is essential in maintaining the well-being of individuals across various medical settings. In Australia, there are currently 17,859 vacancies for the role of Nurses.
- Secondary School Teachers: Secondary School Teachers are educators shaping the minds of young learners. They create engaging lessons, assess student progress, and contribute to the intellectual and personal development of students in secondary education. Currently, there are 8,716 vacancies for Secondary School Teachers in Australia.
- Software and Applications Programmers: Software and Applications Programmers are tech professionals who design and develop software applications. They write code, troubleshoot issues, and contribute to the creation of innovative software solutions that power our digital world. There are 8,405 vacancies for Software and Applications Programmers in Australia.
- Electricians: Electricians specialize in electrical systems, installing and maintaining wiring, lighting, and other electrical components. Their skills are crucial for ensuring safe and functional electrical infrastructure in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. In Australia, there are 8,021 vacancies for Electricians.
- Construction Managers: Construction Managers oversee building projects from start to finish. They coordinate schedules, manage budgets, and ensure that construction projects, whether residential or commercial, are completed efficiently and within specifications. Presently, there are 7,145 vacancies for Construction Managers in Australia.
- Carpenters and Joiners: Carpenters and Joiners are skilled craftsmen who work with wood to construct and install building frameworks, furniture, and other structures. Their precision and expertise contribute to the overall quality and durability of construction projects. In Australia, there are 6,812 vacancies for Carpenters and Joiners.
- Metal Fitters and Machinists: Metal Fitters and Machinists specialize in working with metal components, and creating and assembling parts for machinery and equipment. Their precision machining skills are vital in various manufacturing industries. The number of Plumber vacancies in Australia is 5,861.
- Plumbers: Plumbers are experts in installing and maintaining plumbing systems. They ensure the proper functioning of water supply and drainage systems, contributing to the overall health and safety of residential and commercial spaces.
- Motor Mechanics: Motor Mechanics focus on repairing and maintaining vehicles, diagnosing mechanical issues, and performing routine maintenance tasks. Their expertise keeps cars, trucks, and other vehicles running smoothly. Presently, there are 5,205 vacancies for Motor Mechanics in Australia.
- University Lecturers and Tutors: University Lecturers and Tutors are educators at the tertiary level, guiding students in higher education. They teach courses, conduct research, and provide academic support, contributing to the intellectual growth of students in universities. There are 5,042 vacancies for University Lecturers and Tutors in Australia.
The list of the top 10 most in-demand jobs in Australia for 2023-24 highlights critical roles across various sectors. Registered Nurses, Secondary School Teachers, Software and Applications Programmers, Electricians, Construction Managers, Carpenters and Joiners, Metal Fitters and Machinists, Plumbers, Motor Mechanics, and University Lecturers and Tutors are essential contributors to the workforce. The number of vacancies for each role emphasizes the demand for skilled professionals in these fields. Join our Community to get more updates on Job openings and immigration news